Thursday, December 5, 2013

Outlook Reminders Not Popping Up on All Computers for only one User

I just had this very rare issue that Google was not able to help me with.  I wanted to post it hear in case others have this same issue.

I have about 10 computers that have outlook installed on them and they are mix of mostly outlook 2010 and 2013, most are in cached mode but some are in online mode.  They are all connected to my user account which is the only place I was seeing the issue.

My issue was that no reminders were showing up and I was missing a lot of important tasks.  They were still showing up on my Android and iPhone but not on any of my Windows systems with Outlook.

I tried the following steps on some of my 10 machines, but it did not fix the issue.
- Checking to make sure Reminders are enabled by going to File > Options and confirming it is checked.
- Running the clean reminders switch. Outlook /cleanreminders
- Running the reset folders switch. Outlook /resetfolders
- I have downloaded and ran the MFCMAPI tool and followed instructions from Allan on this link:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvrclients/thread/f1894641-5c5c-49d5-971b-c829518f263e/

None of these steps fixed my issue.  This was only affecting my user and I manage the exchange server so I could not figure out what was going on.

Until I found a virtual machine in my environment that I had disabled outlook reminders on, not realizing that it would disable reminders on all of my systems running outlook.  This machine was in Online mode running Outlook 2010, but most of my other machines are 2013 in cached mode.

So the solution is to check all machines that are connected to the user to make sure reminders are enabled because if you disable it on one machine and that profile stays connected it will immediately dismiss all reminders and you will not see them on any other computers.

Here is the setting below:
- Checking to make sure Reminders are enabled by going to File > Options and confirming it is checked.

No comments:

Post a Comment