Tuesday, October 25, 2011

SBS 2003 OWA failures

So I was starting to have issues with a SBS 2003 server that I manage.  For some reason the OWA service would stop working for exactly an hour, and sometimes more, then all of the sudden it would come back online.  Because I knew the time it went down and came back on within a minute I thought I would see logs during that time but that was not the case.

Well I  have finally found what was causing the issue.  It is ISA server that is blocking the connection because of a timeout issue.  I didn't make any changes but this just started happening out of no where.

Here is the error log that I was receiving in the ISA Monitoring logs:
Failed Connection Attempt SERVER 10/24/2011 8:16:40 AM
Log type: Web Proxy (Reverse)
Status: 10060 A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
Rule: SBS Web Publishing Rule
Source: External ( 64.141.100.136:0)
Destination: ( 65.41.114.173:443)
Request: GET https://mail.server.com:443/Remote/logon.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fremote%2fDefault.aspx
Filter information: Req ID: 16e41712
Protocol: https
User: anonymous

I have fixed this issue by modifying this time out in the firewall policy under the SBS Web Publishing Rule, In the advance setting under the SBS Web Listener Properties, I change the Connection Timeout from 120 to 620:


Let me know if you have any questions,
-Spader

No comments:

Post a Comment